Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
A warm and cozy dessert with a decidedly romantic side.
Make and share this Warm Amaretto Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium golden delicious apples
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- whipped cream
- Peel apples, core, cut into 1/2-inch dice and set aside.
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add apples, sprinkle with sugar and saute until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in raisins.
- Add liqueur and cook until liquid reduces to glaze, about 1 minute.
- Divide between 2 dessert dishes.
- Garnish with almonds and whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Wow...yum! I would halve the recipe for the two of us next time, cause I served it over vanilla bean ice cream and with a wafer cookie. Definitely repeating this recipe!
Oh my goodness... this is just the time of year to enjoy warm, carmely apples with toasted almonds, raisins and just enough booze to warm the blood on a chilly fall evening... of course that could have been the sampling that occurred before making, ha! In any event, these apples were simple, warm and very much enjoyed! I used just a tiny bit of butter to cut a few calories and they tasted great! Made for 1-2-3 Hit wonders.
I had a bag of precut apples so used those for this yummy dessert. I followed the recipe as written. Nice easy dessert.