Recipe by ssinderella
This is pure comfor food, great for cold nights, easy, and inexpensive. I did the best I could from memory of how my mom made it when I was a kid
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon beef base (to taste)
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn or 1 (14 ounce) can hominy
Directions See How It's Made
- brown ground beef and drain excess fat.
- add onion and garlic to beef and cook until tender.
- add water, tomato paste, worcestershire, stewed tomatoes, paprika and beef base.
- Add uncooked macaroni and let simmer for about 20 minutes until macaroni is tender--add more water if needed.
- Hominy/corn are optional if you like--I like it, the rest of the family doesn't.