Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is pure comfor food, great for cold nights, easy, and inexpensive. I did the best I could from memory of how my mom made it when I was a kid
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon beef base (to taste)
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn or 1 (14 ounce) can hominy
- brown ground beef and drain excess fat.
- add onion and garlic to beef and cook until tender.
- add water, tomato paste, worcestershire, stewed tomatoes, paprika and beef base.
- Add uncooked macaroni and let simmer for about 20 minutes until macaroni is tender--add more water if needed.
- Hominy/corn are optional if you like--I like it, the rest of the family doesn't.
Good goulash, made fast and easy. Frozen corn was used instead of hominy but will try the hominy the next time this is made. Thanks for posting. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag
Good comfort food. This tastes really good, and is very filling, but I think what I liked best about this recipe is that I didn't have to dirty up every pot I own! :) The boys gave it a thumbs up for taste, and I gave it an even bigger thumbs up for ease and value. Great recipe.