1/3 Photos of Wanna Be Greek Grilled Chicken Breasts
Super easy, flavourful and tender, with a souvlaki-ish taste. This is best done on the grill, but I've also baked this in the oven on a rack in the winter. Or use a Foreman grill if you have one. Serve with a greek salad and lemon roasted potatoes. From the "Friends of Hope" Cookbook...fundraiser for breast cancer care.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add a small amount of buttermilk to the honey and whisk until smooth, then add the remaining marinade ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- 2Place chicken breasts in a zipper bag, pour marinade over and seal, turning to coat.
- 3Refrigerate 4-8 hours, turning occasionally. A longer marinating time will yield a more tender and flavourful result.
- 4Grill on medium setting until no longer pink.
- 5Note: You don't need a pool of marinade around the chicken but if it seems scant add bit more buttermilk.
- 6If you like a fuller lemon flavour use the juice of a whole lemon. I've also left out the lemon totally when I didn't have one, still a great taste.
- 7Cooking time is approximate, it depends on which method you use. You could also cut up the chicken and skewer -- reduce marinade and cook times.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wanna Be Greek Grilled Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.8
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.9 mg
- Sodium 492.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 27.3 g