Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Got this recipe from a slow cooker e-newsletter I subscribe to. Wanda, I was skeptical but after trying this recipe , it made a delicious and EASY roast with no preplanning necessary!!! Is it easier than to throw a frozen roast into a crockpot the night before you need it? I don't think so! Fabulous gravy too with a VERY tender roast.
- 1 frozen rump roast or 1 eye of round roast
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (2 ounce) envelopes dry onion soup mix
- 2 (14 ounce) cansof whole white potatoes
- On the night before you need the roast for the next day's dinner, put the FROZEN roast into the slow cooker on LOW temperature.
- Mix the cream of mushroom sup and dried onion soup mix together and pour it over the roast. Leave it on all night and the next day.
- The next day, about 1-2 hours before dinner, add the drained potatoes in (and/or any other veggies you'd like) and make sure they are submerged in the gravy.
I got the roast ready the night before and just dumped everything in the crockpot before going out the door. My roast was not frozen so I cooked mine an hour on high and four hours on low and it was perfect. Made for some tasty sandwiches. I didn't add the potatoes to mine because I knew we were going to be making sandwiches with the roast and I didn't want potatoes too.
Easy and tender roast. However I halved the onion soup mix and the cream of mushroom. I didn't add the potatoes because I served it with mashed potato. Made for My 3 Chefs Event 09