Recipe by yooper
My best friend Darrell's mother, Wanda makes these every Christmas. This is the best rolled sugar cookie I've ever tasted! They are so light and delicate, they practically melt in your mouth! I have no idea how many this recipe makes, I'm guessing 3 dozen. Prep time does not include 2 hour chill time.
Top Review by tiger1
A waste of ingredients. Even after refrigerating the dough crumbled and was difficult to transfer to the pan. It took longer than the alloted 5-8 minutes cooking adn after they were done they had no taste,did taste like vegetable oil Yuck!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add oil, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Stir in dry ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out dough with cookie cutters and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Decorate with frosting or sprinkles of your choice.