Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have used this recipe for over 40 years. I believe it came in a booklet with an electric skillet that I purchased in the 1960's.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 2 cups v- 8 juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup macaroni, cooked
- In a large pan over medium high heat, cook onion, green pepper and celery in olive oil until partially tender.
- Add beef; fry until slightly browned.
- Add tomatoes, juice, and chili powder.
- Add salt, sugar, and worstershire sauce.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat to simmer and simmer for an hour.
- Add beans and macaroni and heat through.