Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Makes 10 cups.
- 2 lbs ground round
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 lb monterey jack pepper cheese, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in cheeses, salsa, tomatoes, mushrooms and olives.
- Cook and stir over low heat til cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
I prepared this today for our Super Bowl spread. It was addictive! It's very similar to the standard Velveeta and Rotel dip that's been around for ages, but the additions really brightened up the flavor. I followed the recipe exactly as far as ingredients went, however, after cooking the ground beef, onion, and green pepper on the stove I put everything into my crockpot. Thanks for the recipe!