This is an old way of making a teriyaki sauce with honey instead of sugar, giving it a more pleasing sweetness. It's great for marinading and dipping with any kind of meat dish.
- Blend ginger, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and onion in a bowl.
- Add meat to marinade for at least one hour or refrigerate meat in marinade overnight.
- After marinating meat, drain the marinade and add it to a 1/2 cup of water.
- Bring it to a boil for 3-5 minutes and use it for a meat dipping sauce during the meal.
- Excellent for pork, beef or chicken.