Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
In honour of Walt Disney's 100th birthday, here's another celebrity recipe from my collection.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked prime rib roast
- 1 medium raw potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 fried egg
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Saute onion in melted butter until tender but not browned; combine sauteed onion with beef, stock and raw potato and put into a buttered 4-cup baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and shape mixture into an oval patty; place in a hot buttered skillet.
- Saute until lightly browned on both sides; meanwhile, in a second skillet, fry the egg.
- Top hash with egg and serve immediately.
i love fried potatoes and always save some type of beef to add to it.... i have never baked the hash first and then fried it but this turned out excellent! i added a little garlic and pepper sauce for kick.... this will be a standard lunch item for me! thanks lennie!
I will have to try this again, following the directions more closely. I didn't bake it, but just made it in a skillet on the stovetop - and it was VERY wet. I poured off over a cup of liquid once the potatoes were tender, but it never crisped up. It was very tasty (I added a minced garlic clove, a diced green bell pepper and some leftover Brussels sprouts which had been roasted with bacon), but was pretty mushy.
EXCELLENT have made this a couple of times and am cooking a 1 1/2 pound ribeye tonight so we will have some left-over ribeye with some left-over beef brisket to make hash tomorrow