Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you've been to Disney World, you know all about these wonderful almonds! These are very close to the Disney almonds. The recipe came from a WDW message board.
- Place butter on 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan and heat in 325F oven until butter melts, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites with dash of salt until frothy, then gradually add sugar, beating to stiff peaks. Gently fold in almonds and cinnamon.
- Pour almond mixture into jellyroll pan and stir, coating with butter.
- Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, until almonds are crisp, about 40 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
SO YUMMY!!! I was also worried when I put them in the oven but they came out perfect and crunchy.
OMG!!! This recipe is awesome. My kids love getting these nuts when we go to WDW and they can be a little pricy but after all it is WDW. Love it there might I add. We also enjoy them at the Phillies games when we go!! This recipe I have to say tastes exactly like both places we have gotten them from. I just made them and my son smelled them outside as soon as he got off the school bus!!! I think this recipe has the perfect amount of cinnamon in it and I did not have a whole lot of cinamon sugar waste as others said they did. I did stir them a bit more just to keep them seperated so they would dry out more. Once they are done when you take them out of the oven they instantly start to harden up!! These nuts are great warm and room temp!! Enjoy!! Thanks for the recipe!!!
in response to Chipotle Chick's rating...where does it say to use blanched almonds?...I think these are pretty good, but the nuts are chewy rather than crispy/crunchy. Any suggestions?