1/1 Photo of Walnuttoes
Cilantro in Canada's Note:
I found this recipe in a mystery novel by Joanne Fluke, called Lemon Meringue Pie Murder. They require at least 4 hours refrigeration before baking. This recipe makes 8-10 dozen cookies according to the original recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt chocolate chips with margarine in the microwave, stirring as needed.
- 2Mix in the brown sugar and let cool.
- 3Add the eggs one at a time, ensuring you mix well after each egg.
- 4Stir in the vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- 5Stir in the flour.
- 6Stir in the nuts.
- 7Place the dough in the fridge for at least 4 hours but overnight is best.
- 8Preheat oven to 350.
- 9Using about 1 tablespoon or a cookie scoop, roll walnut sized balls of dough. Coat with sugar.
- 10Place them on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 11Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- 12The original directions call for the cookies to be baked for 12-14 minutes, however I found that 9 minutes worked best for me.
- 13Allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for about a minute and remove. They may stick if left longer on the cookie sheet.
Nutritional Facts for Walnuttoes
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 70.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g