1/9 Photos of Walnuts and Potatoes Bread
4 hrs 20 mins
Enjoy this bread with cheese!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all the ingredients (excepting walnuts) with a food processor for about 5 minutes.
- 2Let rise (covered) to double size in a warm place; in possible in a bowl in the oven with another cup with warm (not hot) water nearby.
- 3After this time flat your dough on a non sticky surface (or use some flour) and top with walnuts.
- 4Fold in three in the legs and flat the dough again. Let rest 5 minutes.
- 5Fold on the other side in the same way. Let rest 5 minutes.
- 6Repeat 2 more times.
- 7Divide the dough with a plastic knife in six parts and form 6 breads of 25-30 cm.
- 8Prepare two baking trays with 3 breads each.
- 9Let rise one hour to double size and take out of the oven (if you had them there).
- 10Heat the oven to 230°C (heat and timing are basing it on convection oven) with a fire resistant tin filled with hot water.
- 11With scissors cut the surface (1 cm depth) as you like.
- 12Let rise 20-30 minutes.
- 13Let your tin with boiling water in the oven and bake both trays for about 20 minutes (together or separately if you cannot).
- 14When golden-brown take out and let cool down completely.
- 15Usually we eat one piece and I freeze the other breads. Feel free to reduce the quantities.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnuts and Potatoes Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.2
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 1182.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat self-rising flour