Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Enjoy this bread with cheese!
Make and share this Walnuts and Potatoes Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups whole wheat self-rising flour (or 4 grain bread flour)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato flakes (for mashed potatoes)
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Mix all the ingredients (excepting walnuts) with a food processor for about 5 minutes.
- Let rise (covered) to double size in a warm place; in possible in a bowl in the oven with another cup with warm (not hot) water nearby.
- After this time flat your dough on a non sticky surface (or use some flour) and top with walnuts.
- Fold in three in the legs and flat the dough again. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Fold on the other side in the same way. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Repeat 2 more times.
- Divide the dough with a plastic knife in six parts and form 6 breads of 25-30 cm.
- Prepare two baking trays with 3 breads each.
- Let rise one hour to double size and take out of the oven (if you had them there).
- Heat the oven to 230°C (heat and timing are basing it on convection oven) with a fire resistant tin filled with hot water.
- With scissors cut the surface (1 cm depth) as you like.
- Let rise 20-30 minutes.
- Let your tin with boiling water in the oven and bake both trays for about 20 minutes (together or separately if you cannot).
- When golden-brown take out and let cool down completely.
- Usually we eat one piece and I freeze the other breads. Feel free to reduce the quantities.
wow loved this bread made 1 loaf, these are my measurements ,cause good luc fing a conversion for potato flakes hopefully im not off the mark, the bread is great so here goes 1/2 c wheat flour
1 1/2 c white flour
1/4 c potato flakes 2 teaspoon yeast
1 teaspoon salt a handful of walnuts
3/4 cup water that i put powdered milk in you may need 1/4 c more milk it is chewy and the nuts really add something it kinda spreads flat as its rising hope this is close