Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Small, light, delicious, filling pancakes.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon oil
- Stir honey and oil together in a bowl.
- Add milk & eggs.
- Beat well.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add batter, about one heaping tablespoon for each pancake.
- Cook until browned on both sides, turning once. Because they rise so much, you can’t use the normal gage of bubbles on the top to determine when to turn them.