Recipe by lindseylcw
From Terre a Terre, a delicious spread for bruschetta with a blue cheese topping.
- 50 g walnuts, toasted
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 100 ml soya milk (or whole)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 200 ml olive oil
- 2 teaspoons walnut oil
- 6 slices bread, 1 . 5 cm thick
- 2 large garlic cloves, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 150 g blue cheese
- 6 walnuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the skins off the toasted walnuts.
- soak the walnuts and breadcrumbs in the mil and lemon juice for at least 1 hour, preferably longer.
- Blend this mix at high speed, dribbling in the olive oil and walnut oil a little at a time as you would for mayonnaise. If the whip looks too thick add a little warm water to slacken it. Add seasoning to taste.
- Toast the bread on a griddle until is slightly charred, then rub with the garlic and sprinkle with the olive oil and sea salt.
- Spread the bread with the walnut whip then crumble the blue cheese over and gently warm under the grill, top with rocket and a whole walnut.