Recipe by Burrheadssis
This was my mother-in-laws recipe. She made them every Christmas and said the name was because they disappeared so quickly.
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine yeast with warm water.
- Combine flour and salt in mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add yeast and egg, mix just until blended.
- Roll out dough, half at a time on a floured surfaced to a 13x9 inch rectangle.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Spread half on each rectangle.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Start with 13 inch side, roll up like a jellyroll.
- Place seam side down on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Cut each roll halfway through lengthwise.
- Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes.
- After cooling sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- Cut diagonally into 1 inch slices.