Recipe by Chris R.
This was my favorite dessert when I was growing up. My mom lost the recipe for years, then finally found it when going through some old papers. I am adding it to recipezaar to share, but also so the recipe won't get lost again!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup golden raisin (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups very hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In an 8"x8" glass baking dish, mix first four ingredients.
- Add walnuts and golden raisins.
- Stir in the milk.
- When blended, smooth mixture in the pan.
- Stir brown sugar, water, and butter until sugar dissoves, then gently pour over the cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.