Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
Nice addition to cookie trays.
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped candied ginger
- 42 walnut halves
- 3 tablespoons white vanilla chips
- Heat oven to 375. In large bowl, combine brown sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; beat well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour and all remaining ingredients except walnuts and vanilla chips; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press 1 walnut half onto each cookie.
- Bake at 375 for 6 to 9 minutes or until edges are set and light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets; place on wire racks. Cool 5 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Meanwhile, place vanilla chips in small resealable food storage plastic bag; seal bag. Microwave on High for 1 minute. Squeeze bag to mix. Continue to microwave at 30-second increments until smooth. Cut tiny hole in bottom corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle melted chips over cooled cookies.