Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in the deep, dark confines of my cookbook.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- Butter a 9" square pan.
- Melt the butter in two-quart saucepan.
- Stir in the sugar gradually.
- Add the syrup and water; cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally to 290°F on a candy thermometer or until a little of mixture becomes very brittle in cold water.
- Add 1 cup nuts.
- Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in buttered pan.
- When cold, remove from pan.
- Coat 1 side of toffee with the melted chocolate and then sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Flip out on to waxed paper.
- Break into bite size pieces by dropping on hard surface.