We have seen these with pecans, but for some reason the walnuts really change the flavor to a more rich and deeper flavor to me. I use those cute little pastry tins (miniature cupcakes) to put these in (24 to a sheet I believe). I include these in my Christmas bundles each and every year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese (Room Tempurature)
- 1 cup butter (Room Tempurature)
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1Preheat oven to 325F.
- 3Cream together cream cheese and butter.
- 4Blend in flour.
- 5Shape into small balls. In miniature cupcake pan press dough on bottom and sides.
- 7Beat togehter eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- 8Take 3/4 Cup of nuts and divide into pastry lined cups.
- 9Add egg mixture on top of nuts in pastry shells.
- 10Top each with the remaining 3/4 Cup of nuts.
- 11Bake 25-30 Minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Tassies
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.6
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 83.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 2.7 g