Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
We have seen these with pecans, but for some reason the walnuts really change the flavor to a more rich and deeper flavor to me. I use those cute little pastry tins (miniature cupcakes) to put these in (24 to a sheet I believe). I include these in my Christmas bundles each and every year.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (Room Tempurature)
- 1 cup butter (Room Tempurature)
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Cream together cream cheese and butter.
- Blend in flour.
- Shape into small balls. In miniature cupcake pan press dough on bottom and sides.
- Beat togehter eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Take 3/4 Cup of nuts and divide into pastry lined cups.
- Add egg mixture on top of nuts in pastry shells.
- Top each with the remaining 3/4 Cup of nuts.
- Bake 25-30 Minutes.
Loved these. I will make these again. It's nice to have a different nut, seems everything is pecan. Although, not sure if I done something wrong, I got 48 pasry tarts from this.
I have always had others and some were very good but this recipe is the bomb. The dough and the filling is spot on. Extremely satisfied. Thank you so much