Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Mom makes these for bridal events. From Gooseberry Patch Old-Fashioned Country Cookies.
Cream Cheese Pastry
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- salt (pinch)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- To make pastry: in a large mixing bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, and sugar; stir until well blended.
- Add in flour and salt; stir until well combined.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls; press evenly into bottom and up sides of miniature muffin cups; refrigerate.
- To make filling: In a bowl, beat eggs slightly.
- Stir in sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, and walnuts; spoon 1 tablespoon mixture into each pastry-lined cup.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- Gently remove and let completely cool on a wire rack.
- Stor in air-tight containers.
Wow! These were just toally delicious! Will be making them again. Thanks!