Recipe by Lori Mama
This is a recipe I learned at a vegetarian cooking class. It was presented to us as what a person who is on a Raw diet would eat. It's very good and not what I had expected. Recipe courtesy of the instructor Rob McLean. Serving size is dependant on how much filling you use.
Top Review by DitaVT
Thanks for posting this! I make these all the time. The only thing I do differently, is I add about 4-6 sun-dried tomatoes (soaked about 2 hrs beforehand) Sometimes I use sunflower seeds instead of walnuts. Yummmmmmmmmmmm :)
- 2 cups walnuts
- soy sauce, to taste
- ground cumin, to taste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 10 -12 leaves collard greens, cleaned and trimmed of large stalks
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor, place walnuts and blend until finely chopped, but not into powder.
- Add in the seasonings to your taste.
- In a bowl, combine all other ingredients except greens.
- Place a collard leaf on a surface and crack the ribs remaining to flatten.
- Place an amount of the walnut mixture on top along with desired amount of tomato mixture.
- Roll up and enjoy.