Recipe by Sharon123
Tacos filled with a delicious, rich "cheeze" made of cashews and cilantro, topped with crumbled nut "meat"! The cheeze keeps for 3-4 days in the fridge and the nut meat for up to a week. You may also scoop the cashew mixture on top of a salad, or serve as a dip with sliced carrots and cucumbers! The walnut mix is also good sprinkled over salad or soup! Great raw food! Adapted from Delicious Living magazine.
Top Review by Nati
Yummy and creative. I think next time I would use less lemon and less cilantro for the cheeze, as I found it a bit overpowering. I used red cabbage leaves, which were nice, but I was also thinking about using collards and making a burrito out of it. Topped with Tapatio and Sriracha, which worked nicely. Thanks!! Definitely easy to make and will be making them again.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, about 2 cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- 1⁄4 cup filtered water
Ground Walnut Taco Meat
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid, aminos such as Bragg's Essential Amino Acids or 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch sea salt, to taste
- 8 small-to-medium romaine leaves
- 1⁄2 cup natural low-sodium salsa, any flavor
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- To make cheeze:
- Place garlic and salt in a food processor; process into small pieces. Add cashews and process into paste. Add lemon juice, cilantro, and water and process to mix well. Set aside.
- Makes 1 cup.
- To make meat:.
- Place walnuts, cumin, coriander, liquid aminos, and salt in a food processor. Process into small pieces until the mixture looks like ground meat. Be careful not to overprocess, it will turn into butter.
- Makes 1 cup.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons cashew mixture down the inside spine of each romaine leaf. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons walnut mixture. Add salsa and avocado slices. Wrap and serve. Enjoy!