Recipe by Sandra Hyde
A Russian Candy. Easy to make (a little messy to start), but quite a treat. Not for children.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Marvellous and delicious! I made these for dessert tonight using Bourbon biscuits(These are my childhood favourite and I enjoy then till now. I removed the cream from the biscuit and then crushed the plain biscuits to obtain what has been mentioned in the recipe as 'crushed sweet biscuits'). In addition to all the ingredients mentioned, I also used 15tbsps. of grated coconut. There were 2 reasons for using coconut - 1) I had it ready on hand, and 2) The mixture of all the other ingredients did NOT cease to stick to my hands; it required something to bind it all well together, and so since coconut and chocolate is something I love the combo of, I went for it and I'm so glad I did!) and they were well enjoyed by everyone in my family. Thanks so much for posting this recipe. I loved the strong taste of rum alot in these balls. When I had one, it made me want to go grab another :) Really good candy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed sweet biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup ground walnuts
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons rum or 1 liqueur
- extra icing sugar
- extra walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients (except extra icing sugar and extra walnuts) together and knead until the mixture ceases to stick to your hands.
- Then roll pieces into small balls, placing a small piece of nut inside each ball.
- Roll each ball in the icing sugar.
- Refrigerate until set.