1/1 Photo of Walnut Stuffed Dates
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
Delicious sweet snack from the Middle East. Recipe from Toronto Star. Orange and rose blossom water may be purchased in Middle East stores Time to cook does not include refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slit dates on one side and stuff with walnuts.
- 2Close and set aside.
- 3In small saucepan, bring cream to boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- 4Stir in sugar until it melts.
- 5Stir in orange or rose blossom water and cocoa, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat until misture is cool enough to touch.
- 7Spread coconut on plate.
- 8Dip dates in cocoa syrup and roll in coconut.
- 9Place on a plate or tray and refrigerate, covered, for several hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Stuffed Dates
Serving Size: 1 (940 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.5
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 9.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
orange blossom water