Recipe by Sonata
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law. My husband likes this so much he requests it as his birthday cake. It can easily be doubled and put in a 9" x 13" pan.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour round layer cake pan or square 8" x 8" or 9" x 9" pan.
- Blend first seven ingredients; beat vigorously 30 seconds.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, nuts and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Pour half cake batter into pan. Sprinkle half of brown sugar mixture over batter. Pour remaining cake batter in pan. Top with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.