Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are homey, old fashioned cookies that have a wonderful richness to them. The recipe was given to me by my dear friend Mary, who is like a 2nd mother to me, and one of my favorite people to swap recipes with.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, grease well an 8" square pan.
- Beat egg until foamy, beat in brown sugar and vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients, mix into to egg mixture, stir in walnuts.
- Bake until the top has a dull crust about 25 minutes, cut into squares while warm, cool and then remove from the pan.
- Easily doubled, bake in a 9x13 pan.
10 stars - a bit like a blondie in texture !!. I blended up my nuts to tiny chunks and added a handful of white choc chips. I also doubled the recipe and it all worked out perfectly and cooking time given was spot on. My children could not keep away from it.
These were super soft, gooey and sweet. I brought these into work today with rave reviews. I did find them a tad too sweet for my tastes though. I think they would be really good with some very dark chocolate morsels stirred in to cut the sweetness a bit. I also baked for about 5min more than called for. Thanks!
I was suprised to find them crunchy. very good . Made for World tour8