Recipe by momaphet
These are homey, old fashioned cookies that have a wonderful richness to them. The recipe was given to me by my dear friend Mary, who is like a 2nd mother to me, and one of my favorite people to swap recipes with.
Top Review by katew
10 stars - a bit like a blondie in texture !!. I blended up my nuts to tiny chunks and added a handful of white choc chips. I also doubled the recipe and it all worked out perfectly and cooking time given was spot on. My children could not keep away from it.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, grease well an 8" square pan.
- Beat egg until foamy, beat in brown sugar and vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients, mix into to egg mixture, stir in walnuts.
- Bake until the top has a dull crust about 25 minutes, cut into squares while warm, cool and then remove from the pan.
- Easily doubled, bake in a 9x13 pan.