Recipe by Sharon123
These kisses will be a favorite holiday cookie of young and old. They are as light as a feather and boast a heavenly nutty flavor.
Top Review by Annacia
These are wonderful. If you try one right out of the oven they are on the chewy site but once cooled they almost melt in your mouth. I love that they have no added fats other than what the nuts contain. I got 24 pieces and must say that if you want the 30 as stated you'll have to force yourself to make them quite small. These little wonders aren't overly sweet so it you like things *sweet* you might want to increase the sugar by half. They are so addicting at first bite your going to want to make a lot of these if your making them for family or guests.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.
- Beat egg white (at room temperature) and salt at high speed of an electric mixer 1 minute.
- Gradually add sugar mixture, 1 tbls.
- at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 250* for 35 to 40 minutes.