Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 cup walnuts, finely ground
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In large bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add flour and ¾ cup of the walnuts; mix until blended.
- Roll dough into about 3 dozen walnut-size balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in 350°F preheated oven 10 to 12 minutes.
- or until just golden around edges.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- ICING:Bring butter, cocoa and milk to a rapid boil.
- Remove from heat and add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Frost flat side, top with another cookie to form the sandwich.
- Roll chocolate edges of cookies in remaining ground walnuts.