Recipe by Hadice
One of DH's favorite. Not the typical Chinese dish
Top Review by Papa Jack
My 1st review - this recipe has been on here too long to not get a good one! I have to say this recipe is great because of the sauce, as usual with most great recipes. The mayo-condensed milk-lime combo is perfect. My wife loves ordering this at nicer Chinese restaurants, but she loves this the most! If you don't have rice flour don't sub it go get some because the texture is perfect. Thank you for posting this simple, fast, and delicious recipe!
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 4 egg whites
- 2⁄3 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and add the walnuts. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain. Place walnuts on paper towel to dry.
- Whip egg whites in a medium bowl until foamy. Stir in the rice flour until mixture becomes pasty.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium high heat.
- Dip shrimp into flour batter, then fry in the hot oil until golden (about 5 minutes)
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayo, honey and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and serve.