Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy to prepare. These are always a hit.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup ground walnuts
- additional sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Add water. Stir in walnuts. Roll into 1 inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets; flattn slightly with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- For filling, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add sugar and orange peel; beat until smooth. Spread over the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator.