Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
i was looking through my bread cookbook and found this one that i had never tried. this is a dense hearty bread that went very well dipped in a fruity extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cardamom
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rye flour
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 3⁄4 cup crushed walnuts
- add ingredients (EXCEPT NUTS) to your bread machine in this order.
- set loaf size, crust and bake on whole wheat or fruit/nut cycle.
- after 5 minutes check to see that dough is in a smooth ball.
- if too dry add water 1 tsp at a time, if too wet add flour 1 tsp at a time.
- add nuts when machine beeps, or at the end of the cycle.
- cool on a rack before slicing.
Another GREAT bread Chia! The bread is very soft and tender, but yet still chewy ~ I buttered the outside crust while the bread was still hot so it would remain soft ~ I probably could have divided the dough into 2 small loaves because it made a such a huge loaf! The loaf baked at 350F for 30 minutes. Tagged for Cardamon, February Herb/Spice in the Gardening Forum. It was my first time to use cardamon and I had a devil of a time grinding those little black seeds!