Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple, but impressive.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add onion and quinoa. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add bell pepper and sauté 2 minutes longer.
- Add water, soy sauce, rosemary and peas. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in walnuts and serve.
I love it. I used homemade vegetable broth instead of water, I've also used pine nuts, and added dried cranberries.
Many chefs post their recipes assuming that people will salt & pepper to their personal taste, if the recipe overall is good, other than that, then it should be rated as such. It looks very interesting & I will be trying it soon. Thanks!
This was good, but needed salt and pepper.