Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Serve these biscuits warm with butter and lavender honey. From the California Walnut folks!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional
- all-purpose flour, for rolling
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled and cubed
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lavender honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- In food processor bowl, combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Blend briefly.
- Add chilled butter and process until mealy texture. Add remaining ingredients and blend just until moist.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until dough forms a ball. Do not over-knead or biscuits will become tough!
- Roll dough out to from a rectangle, 3/4 -inch thick. Cut rectangle into 12 pieces. (If making appetizer size biscuits, cut dough into 24 small rectangles.).
- Place biscuits 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Brush tops of biscuits with half and half cream.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve warm. Enjoy!
A lovely addition to our dinner last night. I didn't have lavender honey, so we just used regular, but they were wonderful! I will be making these again. Thank you for sharing Sharon. Becky