Chef Kymba's Note:
Here's a delicious recipe. The creamy risotto and roasted aparagus together make a wonderful, flavorful dish. I would recommend using arborio rice to make risotto. Another option is to cut the asparagus into bite size pieces (after roasting) and fold them into the risotto at the end.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2-5 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons olive oil (preferably extra virgin)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups arborio rice or 1 1/4 cups medium-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F
- 2Bring broth to simmer in medium saucepan. Cover and remove from heat.
- 3Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until light golden, about 4 minutes. Add rice and stir 1 minute. Add wine and stir until wine evaporates, about 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup hot broth and cook until liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently. Continue adding more broth, 1/2 cupful at a time, until rice is tender and creamy, stirring frequently and allowing most of broth to be absorbed before adding more, about 25 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, place asparagus and garlic in shallow baking dish. Drizzle remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat with oil. Bake asparagus until tender, turning occasionally, about 16 minutes.
- 5Mix walnuts and grated Parmesan into risotto. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange roasted asparagus in center of 4 plates. Top with risotto.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Risotto With Roasted Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.1
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 138.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 14.4 g