1/1 Photo of Walnut Rice Florentine
Mary Fowler Polly W's Note:
I like easy recipes that are big on taste . This is a great side dish that I never get tired of. It came from one of my many cookbooks but since I had torn the page out years ago, I don't know which book ! Make sure you use converted rice !!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add water to broth to make 2 1/4 cups, set aside.
- 2Melt butter in large sauce pan then add rice,onion and garlic.
- 3Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, 3-4 minutes.
- 4Add sherry and broth and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce the heat , cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in the spinach and heavy cream.
- 7Let stand until liquid is absorbed.
- 8Stir in walnuts and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Rice Florentine
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 596.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 8.3 g