Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like easy recipes that are big on taste . This is a great side dish that I never get tired of. It came from one of my many cookbooks but since I had torn the page out years ago, I don't know which book ! Make sure you use converted rice !!!
- Add water to broth to make 2 1/4 cups, set aside.
- Melt butter in large sauce pan then add rice,onion and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, 3-4 minutes.
- Add sherry and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat , cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the spinach and heavy cream.
- Let stand until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in walnuts and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pepper to taste.
This is like risotto without the fuss and stirring. Great flavors and textures. I am going to try it with chicken broth next time. (I could not find converted rice at my store, so used long grain white rice. Will try to find converted next time.) Made for Fall 2008 PAC.