Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are a few recipes for this on Zaar already but this stands out for me because it cuts out fillers and other ingredients that hide the true taste. This comes from Lynn Lloyd of Santa Cruz,CA.
- 2 cups walnuts, shelled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I like sea salt)
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers (jarred & drained is fine)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I used two)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (use the good stuff)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- Put the walnuts, cumin, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add peppers, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Whirl until smooth.