Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
These freeze well.
- 59.14 ml butter, room temperature
- 118.29 ml margarine, room temperature
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml seedless raspberry jam, not reduced calorie
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 7.39 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml fine unsweetened coconut
- 473.18 ml walnuts, finely chopped, lightly toasted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- BASE: Cream together butter, margarine, vanilla extract and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- Sift in 1 3/4 cups flour and mix to a soft dough.
- Press into a sprayed shiny 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes - until golden not brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread with raspberry jam.
- FILLING: In a small bowl beat together: 1/4 cup sugar, eggs, 1 1/2 teaspoons flour, baking powder and teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Stir in coconut and walnuts.
- BAKE: Gently spread topping mixture over prepared crust and bake 20 to 25 minutes until just set.
- Cool and cut into squares or diagonally into diamonds.