Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
These freeze well.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam, not reduced calorie
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup fine unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups walnuts, finely chopped, lightly toasted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- BASE: Cream together butter, margarine, vanilla extract and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- Sift in 1 3/4 cups flour and mix to a soft dough.
- Press into a sprayed shiny 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes - until golden not brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Spread with raspberry jam.
- FILLING: In a small bowl beat together: 1/4 cup sugar, eggs, 1 1/2 teaspoons flour, baking powder and teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Stir in coconut and walnuts.
- BAKE: Gently spread topping mixture over prepared crust and bake 20 to 25 minutes until just set.
- Cool and cut into squares or diagonally into diamonds.