- 3 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate squares and shortening in a double boiler; cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt; add chocolate mixture and flour, mixing well.
- Fold in walnuts; spread mixture into a greased 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 325° oven for 40 minutes; spread jam over hot brownies.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.