Recipe by julie
The most delicious and easy-to-make sheet cake recipe. If you love the taste of sweetened condensed milk you'll love this one.
Top Review by Meris
very easy to make. i didnt have enough walnunts so put them over a quarter of the mixture before it went into the oven, used chocolate chips over another quarter and left the other half plain. I kind of pressed them in slightly. Results: a very sweet slice, i would imagine coconut or dried fruit or any other nut would also work really well. I think the plain half would also have suited a lemon icing, but nice as is. Note: dont leave it in the oven too long - i got distracted for just a couple of minutes and it was very crispy
- 225 g butter
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 112 g butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups icing sugar (a 500g packet)
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the butter, condensed milk, sugar and vanilla in a large saucepan. Take off heat.
- Add the flour, walnuts, baking powder and salt.
- Spread into a greased cookie sheet type pan (with sides) and bake 15 minutes at 170 deg. Celsius.
- While it bakes, make the frosting:.
- Warm the butter, icing sugar, condensed milk and salt in a large saucepan, and spread it over the warm cake. Cut when cool.