1/2 Photos of Walnut Quick Bread
The perfect size for one or two people when baked in two mini loaf pans. Eat one now and store one for later. Freezes very well. Tastes best when tightly wrapped and allowed to set overnight. I like to use walnut or coconut oil, but any neutral/mild tasting oil will do fine. There are variations listed below.
My Private Note
mini lo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F - Spray two mini loaf pans or one 8x4 loaf pan.
- 2Combine dry ingredients (except optional 1/4 cup nuts) in a med size bowl; set aside.
- 3Crack the egg into a measuring cup and stir to break yolk.
- 4Add milk up to the 3/4 cup mark; then add vanilla and oil.
- 5Make a well in the flour mixture and pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- 6Mix until combined. Don't over mix. If batter is very stiff add an additional tbsp milk.
- 7Transfer batter to prepared pan(s).
- 8Sprinkle on optional 1/4 cup chopped nuts and lightly press down so they adhere.
- 9Bake for 38 minutes or until tested done.
- 10Cool on a rack for 1/2 hour. While still warm, wrap well and let set overnight for best texture. Can be frozen.
- 11Variations: Pecans/rum extract; Coconut/vanilla or coconut extract; Almonds/almond extract.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.4
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.5 mg
- Sodium 505.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 7.9 g