Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A walnut praline topping is spooned over this creamy cheesecake baked in a graham cracker walnut crust
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Walnut Praline Topping
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, walnuts, brown sugar and butter; press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed Milk until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until center is set. Cool. Top with Walnut Praline Topping. Chill. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
- Walnut Praline Topping: In small saucepan, combine 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar and 1/3 cup whipping cream. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves. Simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts. Spoon evenly over cheesecake.