Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe in my Penzeys catalog.
Make and share this Walnut Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Gradually add the sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Gradually add to the butter mixture, alternating each addition with the milk.
- Mix until just blended.
- Stir in the vanilla and walnuts.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 90 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.