Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe in my Penzeys catalog.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 cup black walnuts or 1 -2 cup regular walnuts, chopped
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Gradually add the sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Gradually add to the butter mixture, alternating each addition with the milk.
- Mix until just blended.
- Stir in the vanilla and walnuts.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 90 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.