1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe in my Penzeys catalog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan and set aside.
- 2Cream together the butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Gradually add the sugar.
- 3Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- 4In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- 5Gradually add to the butter mixture, alternating each addition with the milk.
- 6Mix until just blended.
- 7Stir in the vanilla and walnuts.
- 8Pour into the pan and bake for 90 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 9Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
- 10Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.1
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 123.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 37.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g