Prep 10 mins
Cook 48 mins
Inspired by Kittincal Bass' Pecan Pie with Browned Butter, from Recipezaar. The browned butter adds depth, the brandy a bit of zip, and the vanilla caramel ice cream sent it over the top!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, unsalted (not margarine or other "fat" product)
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup honey, orange blossom excellent
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, large,beaten until light yellow
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups walnuts, roughly chopped,soaked in brandy
- 1 pie shell, unbaked,deep dish,9-inch
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In saucepan, over low heat, cook butter until golden brown. Cool.
- In separate bowl, combine: corn syrup, honey, beaten eggs, vanilla, and salt; beat until smooth.
- Add browned butter.
- Add walnuts, drained of excess brandy.
- Place pie shell onto foil-lined drip pan and pour mixture into shell. Do not overfill. Pie "rises" in baking and can easily spill over.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 8 minutes; lower heat to 325 degrees F and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden on top and mostly set. Middle will continue to set while cooling.
- Cool completely or until just warm before serving. Top with whipped cream or ice cream. Any vanilla flavor or one with carmel is especially good. Can also drizzle with left over brandy used to soak walnuts.