Walnut Pie (Karythopitta)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour with baking powder. In a large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, mix butter and sugar.
- Then add eggs and beat mixture until light and fluffy. At low speed beat in flour mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in grated orange peel and walnuts.
- Lightly grease and flour a 13x9 pan. Pour butter into pan. Bake in oven for about 1 hour. Cool.
- Meanwhile boil for 5 minutes the sugar, water and lemon juice, pour hot syrup over nut pie. Cool and cut into squares.