Recipe by KISS THE COOK
This crust combines walnuts, cinnamon, and butter. This crust works well with all sorts of pies from vanilla cream to pumpkin. It also works well with fruit pies with precooked fillings. Since it is a crumbly crust, it even works well as a crust for a cheesecake.
Top Review by under12parsecs
This is a wonderfully flavorful and easy pie crust. It is perfectly sweet with tons of flavor from the cinnamon and walnuts. This was very easy to make and was wonderful as the crust for Recipe #324218 #324218.
- 1 cup pastry dough or 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 3⁄4 cup walnut pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. You will need one buttered, nine-inch deep-dish pie pan either a light-colored or glass pan.
- Place the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the nuts in a food processor or blender and pulse just long enough to chop the nuts finely, not into a paste. Scrape the nuts into the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the melted butter and combine well.
- Press the mixture into the buttered pie pan making certain that the crust is of even thickness.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until it just starts to brown on the edges. Do not over bake. A light-colored or glass pan will absorb less heat than a dark one and help ensure against over baking.