- 1 (10 inch) unbaked double pie crusts
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a small bowl, beat eggs lightly. Stir in sugar, vanilla, syrup, butter, and nuts.
- Spread mixture evenly into bottom pie crust. Place top crust over filling; fold top crust under bottom crust. Flute edge as desired. Brush top pastry with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350ºF; bake 30 minutes longer.