Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
Another easy appetizer or snack.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 8 slices baguette, 3/4 inch thick, cut on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup baby arugula leaf
- In a food processor, combine the walnuts, Parmigiano-Reggiano, butter, sun dried tomatoes, and ¾ cup olive oil.
- Pulse until the tomatoes are pureed.
- Add in the remaining oil and process until smooth, about 15 seconds.
- Transfer to a bowl with a resealable lid and refrigerate until ready to use (there should be at least ½ inch of olive oil that sits on top of the pesto, if there isn’t, add more olive oil).
- Bring to room temperature and stir thoroughly before serving.
- Toast the baguette slices on a preheated panini grill for 1-2 minutes or in a toaster oven until crisp and lightly browned.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of pesto over each baguette slice so that the bread is covered, crust to crust, with a thin slick of pesto.
- Top with 2 or 3 leaves or arugula and serve immediately.