Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great easy to make Italian appetizer/salad that is sure to please.
Make and share this Walnut, Pecorino, and Garlic Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, shelled
- 1 cup pecorino cheese, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry white wine
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh hot red pepper or dried chili pepper flakes
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a ceramic or glass bowl and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
This makes a fabulous, unusual appetizer recipe. I have made over a dozen times, and everytime, people rave. I serve with slices of a crusty French baguette; one time served in endive leaves; one time served with an English style round cracker with some whipped mascarpone cheese. The recipe doesn't say what type of parsley, but I use fresh Italian flat leaf; a pinot grigio or chardonnay for the wine; and seasoned rice vinegar for the vinegar. Best of all, you can make ahead and bring out when guests arrive. I keep walnuts in the freezer so I can whip up if guests arrive. A final comment: don't skimp on the quality of the cheese; a good pecorino (from sheep's milk) is essential, although I have used a good quality parmesan-reggiano in a pinch.